Friends of Nose Hill Society
Inaugural Amateur Photo Contest
- Open to all Nose Hill Park enthusiasts.
- A maximum of four photo submissions, one each for the four contest themes.
- Photo contest themes include:
- Landscapes and sky views of Nose Hill Park.
- Flora and Fauna of Nose Hill Park.
- Environmental threats to Nose Hill Park.
- Urban astrophotography from within Nose Hill Park.
Friends of Nose Hill Society Membership Fee
Our 2017 membership fee is $20.00.
The North Calgary Water Servicing Project
As part of a long-term plan for the water supply system, The North Calgary Water Servicing project is now underway. A new water supply line (main) is required to service future development and to ensure the sustainability of the water supply system in north Calgary.
The Nose Hill Park portion of the project will be completed in two phases:Phase 1: Soil Sampling (Mid-February - Early April 2017)
Phase 2: Construction (Summer 2017- Summer 2018)
In support of the Alberta Wilderness Association
Saturday, April 22, 2017
The Bow Building
500 Centre St SE, Calgary, AB
This site is intended to serve the members of the Society. We also welcome visitors and encourage them to contact us and contribute information about the Park.
Nose Hill Park is the largest natural area urban park in Canada, covering approximately 2700 acres in north central Calgary, Alberta. It offers a unique prairie grassland environment and a ready escape from the pressures of the modern city.
The Friends of Nose Hill Society is an incorporated society dedicated to the protection of the Park for the benefit of all Calgarians. The objectives of the Society are:
- to advocate the preservation of Nose Hill Natural Environment Park in its natural state;
- to provide information, awareness and education for the preservation of the Park;
- organize and encourage volunteer participation in the Park;
- to liaise with special interest groups concerned with the Park.
The Friends of Nose Hill Society Annual General Meeting was held last November. Board meetings are held once a month. All members are welcome to attend. Email for information on the time and location of the meeting.